Thursday 29 May 2014

All The Polka Dots




What I Wore:
Dress:  Made by me (Butterick)
Hat/Shoes: Ardene
Sunnies: Universal Studios

So the pictures make this dress look like it has stripes, but they are actually polka dots. I am not sure why that happens, but certain prints just do that in pictures. Also these were taken with my new phone, I am not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it's a possibility. Otherwise the pictures are pretty good quality. I am going to go on a random aside and say that I love my new phone. I got the Galaxy S4 and it is fabulous. I can use all the apps that I couldn't use before like Beaucoo and Instagram (follow me peeps!), plus I uploaded these pictures from my phone onto blogger. How cool is that?! 

Anyway enough of the aside. I love this dress. I made it as a sample for work and it was the first Butterick pattern I have ever used. I went with the size based on my measurements and ended up having to size it down to what I normally make in patterns, but other than that I have no complaints. The fabric of the dress and the belt are from the same collection and they are both a lovely cotton jacquard. It is going to be very nice for the long hot summer to come. Our weather has been fluctuating a lot lately, some days super hot, and some days have been nice and cool like today. I will always prefer 15 degrees to 35. Cotton is definitely nice for disgustingly hot days like that. Oddly enough when I went to Pacific Mall a few weeks ago they had some dresses made out of the same polka dot fabric (red and blue too!) so I must be super hip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment