Monday 7 October 2013

Polka Dots And Fabric Scraps





What I Wore:
Shirt: Thrifted
Skirt: Made by me (no pattern)
Shoes: Ardene
Headband: Made by me (scrap from the skirt)

This is another one of those easy peasy skirts, like the Elvis one, that I whipped up last week. I really need to type up a tutorial on how to make these because it literally took me an hour, they are super easy and look really cute. I got a lot of compliments at work on this one in particular. I think it is going to be a great skirt for the fall and winter because it is made out of a medium weight knit, plus the colour goes with a lot of my winter wardrobe. I have been wearing these new shoes a lot, they are very comfortable and surprisingly the shade of brown goes with a lot. If you have been reading for a while you know I have a problem with buying only black shoes so I am really trying hard to branch out here. 

Not too much to type about today. Still busy apartment hunting, working two jobs and waiting on tenterhooks to find out what's happening with the house. My first shift at the new job went pretty well, I am looking forward to checking out the other site this week. The costume party I went to on Saturday was actually a surprise retirement party for my dad! More on that later today. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment