Wednesday 2 October 2013

Birds Of A Feather






What I Wore:
Shirt: Thrifted
Pants: ASOS
Shoes: Ardene

I saw this shirt while I was thrift shopping with my sister last week and I knew I just had to have it. It was an added bonus that the blue in the birds matched my new pants from ASOS perfectly. It was meant to be! I have never had blue pants before and I must admit I was a little concerned about finding things to match them. I couldn't resist the high-waist and tape detail on them though so I decided to chance it. I am super glad that I did because they fit really well and the blue actually goes surprisingly well with a lot of things that were already in my wardrobe. Plus now I have pants that I can wear to work (and outside of work, pants aren't usually my friends)! What a novelty. I got these shoes with a gift card from my birthday. They make me feel a bit like Peter Pan. Not sure why, they just do. Having brown shoes is also something of a novelty for me as most of my shoes are black, but I am trying to step outside of that box. These shoes are a pretty good start, I have already worn them successfully a few times since I bought them.

I went thrifting last week for multiple reasons: a) to get a costume for an upcoming party b) to have some stuff to contribute to the You're In Brookyn fall thrifting link-up c) because it is awesome and fun! I never feel bad after a thrifting trip. I have been re-evaluating my shopping choices a lot lately and this link-up is just the thing to get me motivated. I spend too much money on new clothes, and I definitely need to reign that in. Why pay for clothes that were most likely made in a sweat shop when I can make my own things or buy second-hand? In high school I almost exclusively shopped in thrift stores and I think I want to take up that initiative again. Not only does it save you money but I feel better about my purchases in general. You usually walk away with something that is one of a kind and the actual shopping is like a treasure hunt! I have definitely been trying to shop a lot more consciously over the last few weeks and will continue to do so in the future. I got some pretty great stuff this time around and I am hoping to share the rest of my haul later this week! I encourage you to hope over to Brooke's blog too! She is super cute and has great style :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment