Wednesday 12 June 2013

I'll Fly Away














What I Wore:
Shirt: Made by Me (Simplicity 1693)
Skirt: Thirfted
Socks: Ardene
Shoes: Ardene

I really love how this shirt turned out. I lusted after this fabric at work for a looooong time before I actually broke down and bought it. I started working on it almost immediately (it took precedence over other projects because it is just that cute) and finished it in record time. I found the heart button that I used at the back in my stash, but sadly I only had the one. I found the other buttons at work and thought they were a pretty good match. I tried putting the one heart one at the top of the three on the front of the shirt but it didn't quite work. Then I tested it on the back and I thought that was better so that's where it lives now. I am glad I found a home for it, I think it came from Colin's grandma's stash but I am not 100% sure. I have way too many buttons and my fabric stash is growing a lot now too. The life of a sewing addict.

Back to Monday's post, you can kind of see the red more in my hair in these shots, I think it really does depend on the lighting. I am liking the colour a bit more now, but I still think next time I would like it to be a bit brighter. Big day ahead of me today (a big week in general) so I better get crackalackin'. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shirt! Great job! Such sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am very pleased with how it turned out and I really just want to wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete