Wednesday 13 March 2013

Seeing Spots









What I Wore:
Shirt: Bealls
Sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Payless 

Can I just say that I am pretty excited about this hairdo? It kind of reminds me of the look that Penny sports in the re-make of Hairspray, which is fine because I love that movie. It works well with the shoes too, yay retro throwbacks! If you have been reading my blog for a while you might have noticed that I don't usually do things with my hair (e.g. put it up or style it in any different way than down). The reasoning behind this is twofold 1. In middle school I would always (and I mean always) wear my hair up in a ponytail. I don't have particularly fond memories of that time period and once I figured out how to care for my hair I decided to leave it down rather than remind myself of those days (over share?). 2. Besides a basic ponytail I never really knew how to style up-dos. It is also difficult to find styles that will look good with shorter hair. After playing around with my hair a bit, I think I have discovered some cute ways to be able to style and not feel like I am back in the hell that was middle school. It took me a few attempts to get this style right, but I think I nailed it this time. What do you think?

I recently discovered the awesomeness that is My Mad Fat Diary. If you have not heard of or seen this show then you must rush out (or rush to youtube) and watch it immediately. I had seen a few images and what not from it floating around tumblr but I never actually looked it up until last night. Let me tell you that I should have done it as soon as I saw the first GIF set because it is amazing! First of all it is British, which usually indicates that  it is a quality show (everything on the BBC is awesome). The series is based off of Rae Earl's diaries that she wrote in the 1980s. The writing is witty, the story line is well constructed and you feel connected to the main character. I have only watched the first three episodes *cough* in one night *cough*, but I am hooked and will most likely finish the last three tonight. I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment