Monday 25 February 2013

Winter Blues




What I Wore:
Dress: H&M
Shirt: Smart Set
Leggings: Suzy Shier
Socks: Payless
Boots: ModCloth

I have been enjoying pairing collared shirts with dresses and sweaters lately, anything to liven up my winter wardrobe. It also keeps me toasty warm in our house and at work. It's around this tie of year that I start to get sick of winter. The February blahs I guess. This year hasn't been as bad as others considering we  have had a relatively mild winter. I think I just start to miss the sunshine, February is so grey and white, it's boring. The cold doesn't bother me so much, I like getting all bundled up in socks and sweaters, but the lack of sunshine really gets to me. It was nice to be able to take a break this year and go to Florida, although it was hard coming back to the icky weather again. I can totally sea why there are a lot of people in Canada who live here during the summer, but go South for the winter (Snowbirds as we call them after that Anne Murray song). At least it isn't super hot out, I prefer the cold to heat. Does anyone else get the winter blahs?  

I've got a pretty good week ahead of me to look forward to, which is nice at this time of year. Yesterday was Colin's birthday so we are going to go to his sister's tonight for dinner. Wednesday we are going to visit with some friends that live out of town. We are going to do some shopping and I am going to give them their souvenirs from the Florida trip. I am hoping to be finished a dress I am working on right now by then so that I can wear it for the visit. Thursday will be my final post for the February Sew-Along where I reveal the finished product and announce next month's project. I am really excited for March's project, I can't wait to share it with you! Saturday I have to go to an 8am meeting at work (boourns) but afterwards we are going to go out to breakfast which will be nice. All in all not a bad week. Do you guys have any exciting plans for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment