Monday 3 December 2012

Mauve Trees










What I Wore:
Dress: Thrifted (Talize)
Cardi: Thrifted (Talize)
Tights: Ardene (? I think, they're from a few years ago)
Boots: Chocolate Craving Boot from ModCloth
Hair clip: En Gry & Sif via the Peterborough Museum and Archives

I was really debating buying this dress because it is a little bit shorter than I would normally wear. I was feeling a little self-conscious wearing it today too, but now that I see it in these pictures I am really glad that I did buy it and actually wore it in public because it looks good. I love the print (tress!) and the colour scheme (mauve!). Plus it has pockets and is 100% organic cotton so you really can't lose. It matches the cardigan I bought on the same trip too, so super bonus. I have been  going for a lot more colour lately and my wardrobe is starting to look more like a rainbow than sea of black, haha. 

Today I went on a fun trip out to Waterloo with some friends from work. We had a lovely Christmas lunch and watched a show. There were some impersonators (Elvis, Nancy Sinatra, Tina Turner, Sunny and Cher, etc.), a stand up comedian who was hilarious, and a magician. It was a really good time and I am glad that I got to spend some time with them outside of work. The show was also Christmas themed, and since it is after December 1st I can start getting into the holiday spirit. I am not a Grinch, but I really don't like to start thinking about Christmas until December. I guess I just go inundated with it when I used to work in a mall and the Christmas music started playing and the decorations went up right after Halloween, it was just too much. Plus in my house we never really started before December, so I am just kind of used to it. My mum's birthday is Christmas Eve and we would always go to my grandparents on the 24th to celebrate her birthday and Christmas and then get our tree and decorate it that night. It sounds really late to be doing it, but that was our thing. One year they actually had no tress left and my sister and I stayed up late and made a Christmas three out of paper (by made I mean drew one on several pieces of paper, but it was still awesome). I feel like I can start getting into Christmas now though. I wasn't planning on making a lot of my gifts this year, but I have been surrounded by inspiration at work and now am making most of them. I am almost finish one already so I am feeling way ahead of the game. Has anyone else started getting into the Christmas season yet? 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit! One of my favourites so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am also really loving this Hope!

      Delete
    2. I agree! I love this outfit too Hope! You look great.

      Delete