Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hidden Sparkle




What I Wore:
Shirt: Zellers
Skirt: Smart Set
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Spring

So this shirt actually has sequins on the shoulders, but it is really hard to tell from the angle. I tested out my new tripod (a birthday gift from Colin) tonight with these pictures, and I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. It was really hard to get good back shots for some reason, but I got the hang of it after a few test rounds. I really like these tights, I got them with the heart ones I wore last week. The only problem is today is the first time I have worn them and they already have some small holes. I didn't even snag them on anything at work, they just kind of appeared after a few hours of wear. I put some clear nail polish on it as soon as I got home, so hopefully they don't expand too much and I can wear these puppies again. 

Work is really kicking my butt. Yesterday was a little rough considering I didn't really know anything about prices and sale items, but I think I am getting the hang of it after today. My body however is not as happy, I feel like an old lady after standing all day. I am hoping that this is only temporary due to my sedentary lifestyle last month, and after a few weeks it won't be as bad. Other than that I am really enjoying it so far. I love problem solving with people, helping them find fabric, and seeing what everyone is working on. It's also close to Halloween, my favourite holiday by the by, and I get to see what costumes people are making.  I have heard/seen some pretty exciting ideas after just two days on the floor.This one lady is going to make a carrot suit for her daughter! She had a metal stand that I think is used in gardening (for the plants to grow up around) and she is covering it with this orange felt, I think it is going to be awesome. 

Not much else going on around here. I am looking forward to having a few days off to recuperate, and Thanksgiving is Monday so that should be good too! 

2 comments:

  1. One, does clear nail polish on tights work on pulls? Cause if so, life saved!! Second, the standing will get better after two weeks (thats how long mine bothered me for). The trick is super comfy shoes with arch support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works pretty well if you catch it before it starts to run a lot. It has saved a few pairs of my tights before.
      It's weird because I had a retail job before and it was never that bad, this seems to be particularly painful. I have been wearing my new orthotics, which could be part of it (not use to them yet maybe?). We'll see how I am after next week.

      Delete