Friday 7 September 2012

Green Blue Brown








What I Wore:
Shirt: Zellers
Pants: Mark's Work Warehouse (random good find)
Belt: Fairweather
Shoes: Zellers
Size: 14

It's link up time again! I can't believe it is number 14! Participating in this every week has really helped me boost my confidence and has changed how I see myself in clothing. It has opened up a world of options for me, and I am so happy that I stumbled upon Rachele and her blog The Nearsighted Owl. I look forward to participating in this every week and reading all the other participants blogs. Lots of self love all around!

I got these pants a few weeks ago while out job hunting. I realized that I did not own a single pair of dress pants which is a problem if I am looking for a job. I own way too many pairs of jeans, but no dress pants. These were super affordable (also great since I am poor) and they fit. I ended up getting another pair in brown. Neither colour is my usual, but like I a mentioned above I have been trying (and succeeding) to break out of my style mold. The belt was another successful breakout purchase, I would usually never go for brown. I bought it on Tuesday while I was visiting my friend from Halifax. That was a good time, we had a lot of fun just browsing around and catching up on the summer. 

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon cleaning and organizing the sewing room. I have mentioned before that I wanted to get back into sewing stuff, but the room was so unorganized it was hard to think in there. I also had started a project a while ago and I didn't want to move forward on anything new until I finished that one, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Once I had tidied up I located the project in a bag in a cupboard. I have no recollection of putting it there, and for some reason the instructions were in a box in my room upstairs. I am happy that I found it and I have picked up where I left off. Here is a sneaky shot of what I have been working on just to peak your interest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment