Sunday 23 September 2012

Birthday Bites










What I Wore:
Shirt: New Look (London)
Skirt: Smart Set
Sweater: Smart Set
Shoes: Burlington Mall
Necklace: Zellers
Cat Accessory: Wesley 

I absolutely love this shirt. I didn't wear it at all over the summer since a) it is a little heavy for summer and b)  I left it here in Ontario. I got it in London, England when my family and I went on vacation there a few years ago. I didn't find much occasion to wear it before, but as I have mentioned before I am trying to branch out a bit in my clothing choices so I think it is going to make more regular appearances now. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but it actually has panels at the side made from a lighter cotton than the front and back panels. I love geometric clothes. It's all about the small details for me, even if someone else is never going to see/notice it, I will know it's there and that's pretty awesome. For example, I have these pants where the pockets are lined with striped fabric, and the waistband has been finished with the same stuff. No one else will ever see it, but knowing that it's there makes those pants that much more special. 

It's my birthday! I have made it to the ripe old age of 24. I wore this outfit yesterday to go out for sushi with my family. I am technically a pescetarian. I rarely eat fish, but I love sushi and it is my one weakness. I also don't drink milk, but that is mostly because it does not sit well with me (and never really has). I haven't eaten meat for almost 8 years now, and I cannot foresee myself ever going back. Long ramble aside, here are a few pictures from our night out.

The awesome mug my mum got me.

Colin being Colin.

So apparently we didn't take as many pictures as I thought, but there you go. There isn't much going on today (my actual birthday), but tomorrow Colin and I are going to visit one of my close friends for some food and fun, so that should be good. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!  
  

2 comments:

  1. Hope in pink, on her birthday, cat photo bombing, AND a Doctor Who mug? Best blog post yet!!! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete